Specialized S-Works Evade II
There’s been a rule in the helmet game that incremental improvements have been the way of the industry, one maybe two improvements bit by bit. We’ve never been good at following the rules and chose to put performance and benefits to rider at the very top of our dream list. The new S-Works Evade is the result!
Our first port of call was aerodynamics, how can we make this the very fastest helmet we’ve ever produced Having our very own wind tunnel (dubbed ‘win tunnel’) we spent, nay, lived in there, redefining what’s possible in helmet aerodynamics, making the S-Works Evade is the fastest helmet possible. We were able to test and develop every aspect of the helmet for performance, thousands of hours testing and years of development lead us here. Real world testing to ‘leave no stone unturned’ and yield the very best results possible for the new Evade.
We only removed grams from the drag, but achieved this with no reduction in safety. How did we do it using Energy Optimised Multi-Density EPS that utilises different foam types in optimal places. How do we make a helmet as fast as possible but keep the rider as cool as possible allowing free flowing air through the helmet achieves a very cool rider and minimises drag. We used our wind tunnel to ensure aerodynamics and cooling airflow were truly optimised that one works harmoniously with the other in delivering unrivalled performance. The result a helmet that leaves the head as cool as if there is no helmet at all.
Real world improvement means something tangible, over 40km the S-Works Evade is 50 seconds quicker than a conventional road helmet and over 6 seconds quicker than our previous model Evade.
Fit was the final piece of the puzzle, after all, what use is the best helmet we’ve ever produced if it isn’t comfortable using the Mindset HairPort 2 fit system with micro-adjustments, soft webbing that won’t lose elasticity, and a new Gutter Action brow pad to manage perspiration (not just for hygiene but keeps your visibility on point). Last but not least a magnetic buckle that allows on the fly, one hand buckling.
* Through extensive Win Tunnel development, the Evade is the fastest road helmet we’ve tested.
* 4th Dimension Cooling System with deep internal channels, large vents, and aligned exhaust ports make it the best combination of aerodynamics and ventilation.
* Patented Energy Optimized Multi-Density EPS construction helps to manage impact energy.
* Patented Aramid-Reinforced Skeleton provides internal EPS support to help manage impact energy.
* Ultra-light Mindset HairPort II micro-dial fit system with height adjustability for the perfect fit.
* Gutter Action brow pad design for increased comfort and sweat management.
* Thin, soft, and lightweight 4X DryLite webbing wontstretch out with sweat or water.
* Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments.
* Instrap webbing system for ultra-light construction and security.
* Magnetic buckle is simple and secure.