* The secret to further increasing comfort, reducing the risk of injury, and exerting power more efficiently is the characteristic of Body Geometry, which is ergonomically designed and scientifically proven to be effective. That is, a personalized insole with arch support for the vertical arch, varus wedges, and metatarsal buttons. These three features are in harmony to align the hips, feet and knees, while suppressing knee shake and not blocking blood flow to the toes.
* The patent-pending closure design keeps your feet in place even when dancing at maximum power, preventing lateral twisting.
* Dyneema® is a material made by layering synthetic fibers and TPU, and it is possible to create parts that do not have elasticity. The result is the ultimate sense of unity and comfort.
* The most rigid and lightweight FACT Powerline ™ carbon sole in Specialized maximizes power transfer: Rigidity Index 15.
* Two independent BOA® Li2 fit systems allow quick fine-tuning. Boa® product lifetime warranty.
* PadLock ™ heel has been proven to wrap around the heel and enhance acceleration performance.
* Non-slip replaceable heel lug with built-in screw to improve safety.
* The last of Form Fit gives the toes a margin to achieve the ultimate sense of unity and comfort.
* Titanium alloy cleat nuts can move the cleats 5mm backwards and are suitable for general 3-hole road cleats.
* Weight: Approximately 220 grams (one side, size 42).
Specialized S-works ARES Road Shoe
At the moment when you attack on the uphill, run a long distance alone, or struggle to reach the finish line at full throttle, even one watt can not be wasted. That’s exactly why we developed S-Works Ares shoes as the most efficient and power-transmitting performance shoes in Specialized history. Combining decades of learning with Body Geometry with innovations with the world’s best athletes, we have created a whole new race shoe.
The newly developed patent-pending closure system is combined with Dyneema®-reinforced tongue-free sock construction and an ultra-rigid FACT Powerline ™ carbon outsole. This eliminates the twisting of the foot in the shoe, reduces pressure on the tendons, transfers all power to the pedals, and delivers unmatched performance and comfort. A brand new lace shoe that’s 1% faster than any Specialized shoe ever developed. 1% speed, that’s all that matters at the finish line.