The Epic has three XC World Championships to its credit, and it is still the only full-suspension bike to take the honor.
—Ned Overend, Specialized Racing and mutiple world champion.
This great mountain bike is sold at our shop. Don’t hesitate to stop by and check it out.
- Super-light FACT IS 11m full carbon frame with PF30 BB, sealed cartridge bearing pivots and 142mm dropouts delivers the all-around best performing 100mm-travel Competitive XC bike.
- Specialized/Fox remote Mini-Brain inertia-valve shock with Kashima coating and new 2012 tune to seamlessly transition from efficient pedaling on smooth terrain to fully active on rough terrain.
- Custom RockShox SID World Cup fork with Specialized Brain inertia-valve damping has 100mm of air-sprung travel and a carbon crown/steerer tube to create the most efficient and supple cross-country fork available.
- Roval Control SL wheelset with carbon rims, OS28 end caps, 142+ spacing, and DT Swiss spokes and internals is insanely stiff, light and durable for greater control and quickness.
- Ultra-light 1.9″ S-Works Renegade tires are 2Bliss ready and offer maximum speed and efficiency on hardpack and intermediate XC conditions.
- Specialized FACT OSBB, PF30, carbon crankset with ceramic bearings is paired with a SRAM spider and rings for an amazing stiffness-to-weight ratio and ultimate power transfer.
- Custom Avid XX World Cup R brakes are one of the lightest and most powerful cross-country brakes available with two-piece rotors, alloy-backed semi metallic pads, magnesium bodies with carbon levers and titanium hardware.
Check it out on the Specialized website: http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/archive/2012/epic/s-worksepiccarbon